When I was very young, I couldn’t sit in a room without thinking
about how I wanted to decorate it.
What would go on the walls?
I decorate homes the same way I create paintings!
I create paintings to make your house feel like a Home.
Gretchen Fuss Fine Artist
As an Artist, my role is to create a Painting that will bring joy and happiness. I am moved by the moments in life and all the inspiration that abounds us in so many ways. As an interior designer, I see the trends and energy in certain colors and patterns. I can’t help but consider how to incorporate these things in my work. I feel a great sense of importance in documenting these interpretations of what the universe is putting out there. Artists get to have their own part of sharing the visual history of the day with their work! Life gives us so many rich memories that touch all of our senses. My goal is to capture an image in my work that will touch your heart.
Gretchen is an accomplished artist and interior designer from Swarthmore, PA. She showed an interest and aptitude for art at a very early age and was inspired by the work of her mother, a talented artist in her own right.
As I mature, my artwork is evolving more rapidly. My approach is less analytical and I allow the imagery to “happen,” this seems a more honest method of painting for me. Good design however, still remains paramount in creating impact as opposed to just color and texture. The beauty of the land, sea & sky continue to interest me, and I convey its essence in my work.
Gretchen Fuss Interior Designer
As an Interior Designer, my role is to constantly observe and to be aware of what is trending on the market and that carries a timeless tone. Most importantly though, it is crucial for me to listen and to understand my clients needs and desires. As an artist my goal is to find symmetry and balance, that also stands true in my interior design.
Comfort is key to Gretchen's influence on each project. Space, flow, and function are paramount and create the foundation for the finishing touches that seem so effortless, but can only shine when we start from a well thought out beginning base.
Gretchens design influences started at home from an early age, watching her mother, listening intently, enjoying every nuance of living with a design enthusiast and an exceptional artist in her own right.
Her home was full of antiques either passed down or found as the family would stop at antique shops on their way to the Jersey shore for vacation. These special finds brought meaning and memories that have lived on into the present day. Gretchen carries the same reverence and respect for that classic and timeless elegance and brings it to each project.
Gretchens mother brought such grace and beauty to her world and her influence is ingrained in Gretchens approach to living a beautiful life. Her passion for the design industry has blossomed and grown from stops in textile design, product design, greeting cards, love of fabric and all things design.
Her Artwork was featured in Traditional Home Hampton Designer Showhouse 2012 in Kate Singer’s Den! Giving the bug to dive deep into the Interior design world. Gretchen was selected to design a room in the Designer Show House at Cedar Knolls in 2013 making front page of Long Island Home in her first Designer show home endeavor.
Commission ArtDid you see something you adore, but it is the wrong size or no longer available? I would love to work with you to create that special piece that speaks to you & to your surroundings.. I work directly with art clients as well as interior designers to compose the perfect painting that will surely bring everyone joy .
We interviewed four designers (all found on Houzz) for a complete living room redo and after meeting all of them, Gretchen was the obvious choice. She has experience with the type of project we needed her for, we immediately had a rapport with her and loved her design ideas. She quickly got a sense of our tastes and style and presented us with ideas that were in line with what we liked. The fabrics, the rug, the furniture- it all works together so well and the room she designed for us is our favorite room in the house. We loved her so much, she helped us pick paint colors for other areas in our home and helped our contractor and plumber totally reimagine our master bath. Gretchen designed a 1940's inspired retro bath with a modern twist - including moving the toilet and shower! That project is almost finished and we can't wait to "move in" to the new space. I have no doubt Gretchen will be helping us with designing our next project!
– Ginamarie Madonna
Gretchen is a wonderful, talented artist and interior designer - even more importantly, a joy to work with on any project. She takes extreme thoughtfulness to detail, and introduces design elements and options that bring a project to a higher level of function, comfort, and beauty. Gretchen takes great care of her clients, and finds it very important to ensure the client's understanding and transparency throughout the process. Her artwork is so unique, and a beautiful example of Gretchen's many talents. I highly recommend working with such a wonderful designer!
– Casey Sanford Interior Design
In addition to her eye for design, Gretchen is incredibly personable, thoughtful, grounded, bright, diplomatic, and kind - a great combination for someone working to help people design their personal spaces. She was willing to work with my budget and lifestyle. I am recommending her to all my friends.
– L Aubrey
I have known Gretchen for many years as an artist, yet had not had the opportunity to work with her in that capacity. My client had a need for beautiful artwork in her recently completed master bedroom and master bathroom suite. Knowing we wanted something special, I called Gretchen. I had been waiting for years to collaborate with her. We were able to place multiple pieces of Gretchen's art thru out the space and it could not be more beautiful. Gretchen's artistic ability as well as her innate ability to understand design concepts made for a hugely successful project. In addition to being an amazing artist, Gretchen is also a true professional - she runs her business like a business.
– Lisa Furey Interiors
Gretchen is wonderful. I had been wanting to re-do my living area but was afraid to hire someone and afraid to do it myself. By extreme fortune, I found Gretchen. She tapped into my inarticulate needs brilliantly and came up with a truly lovely design that made all my previous fears disintegrate. She also made the process of implementing the design pretty painless. She is a gifted artist and real professional - and yet, worked smoothly with a rank amateur. I LOVE everything about my new living room and dining room. Thank you, Gretchen!
– Janelle Haskell
Gretchen is very talented and creative artist. I met her four years ago at the Architectural Digest Design Show in NYC and we have been great friends since. I have always admired her work as an artist and interior designer.
– Dagmara Weinberg
- 2017 May “WELCOME” Reconsidered Home, Media, PA
- 2017 May “WELCOME” War3house, Swarthmore, PA
- 2013 September “CHANGING SEASONS” The Wine Cellar Northport, NY
- 2013 January “BLUE BREEZES” The Wine Cellar Northport, NY
- 2011 May “WORK ON WALLS” Wild Honey, Port Washington, NY
- 2011 February “POPPYULAR PAINTINGS” II The Syosset Public Library, NY
- 2010 November “POPPYULAR PAINTINGS” I The Elmont Public Library, NY
- 2010 February “VIVOCATIVE ” The Tasting Room, Northport, NY
- 2010 August “IMPETUOUS PAINTINGS ” II The Huntington Library, NY
- 2010 August “IMPETUOUS PAINTINGS ” I Ripe Gallery, Greenlawn, NY
- 2023 May Devon Art Gallery Devon, PA
- 2023 January “FEATURED ARTIST” Annual Academy of Notre Dame De Namur Fine Art Show and Sale Villanova, PA
- 2022 May “Devon Art Gallery” Devon, PA
- 2022 January “FEATURED ARTIST” Annual Academy of Notre Dame De Namur Fine Art Show and Sale Villanova, PA
- 2021 February Unionville Art Gala, PA
- 2021 January Annual Academy of Notre Dame De Namur Fine Art Show and Sale Villanova, PA
- 2021 July Beach Haven Art Walk, NJ
- 2021 February Unionville Art Gala, PA
- 2020 January Annual Academy of Notre Dame De Namur Fine Art Show and Sale Villanova, PA
- 2020 July Beach Haven Art Walk, NJ
- 2019 January Annual Academy of Notre Dame De Namur Fine Art Show and Sale, Villanova, PA
- 2018 January Annual Academy of Notre Dame De Namur Fine
Showrooms and Retails
- 2020 - 2023 Village Vine, Swarthmore PA
- 2019 Kingshaven Paoli ,PA
- 2015, 2016 Romo - Design Center DC
- 2012, 2013 Cliff Young -2012, 2013 NYC
- 2013 October “HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS” Artwork featured in Margreet Cevasco’s kitchen area of showhouse
- 2013 September “The Ronald McDonald House” Donated Artwork for display in Kate Singers Lounge area
- 2013 September “Design Showhouse at Cedar Knolls” Interior Design and Artwork displayed in Gretchen Fuss Bedroom
- 2013 September “Design Showhouse at Cedar Knolls” IArtwork displayed in Kim Weiss’ Grand Foyer, Jessica Belfiore’s Dining Room, & others
- 2012 July “Traditional Home Hampton Designer Showhouse” Curated Artwall with GF Artwork in Kate Singers Den
- 2016 March Architecural Digest Home design Show “MADE Section” NYC
- 2015 March Architecural Digest Home design Show “MADE Section” NYC
- 2014 March Architecural Digest Home design Show “MADE Section” NYC
- 2013 March Architecural Digest Home design Show “MADE Section” NYC
- 2011 Normandy Manor Design Show House, Vanderbilt Museum, NY
- 2011 The West Hampton Festival of the Arts, NY
- 2011 The Washington Square Outdoor Arts Festival, NY
- 2011 55th Annual Long Island Juried Exhibit , Cover image for Brochure, Jeanie Tengelsen Gallery, NY
- 2010 2nd Annual Charity Event The Artists in the Attic proceeds to benefit Cinema Arts, Huntington, NY
- 2009 53rd Annual Long Island Juried Exhibit , Cover image for Brochure, Jeanie Tengelsen Gallery, NY
- 2009 The Artists In the Attic Open Studios1st Friday Event, Huntington, NY
- 2009 The Montauk Arts Festival, Juried Show, Montauk, NY
- 2009 Thi Flats Green Building Project opening, Philadelphia, PA
- 2007 Art Expo, Las Vegas, NEV
- 2007 Pindar Art Show, Juried Exhibit, KOP, PA
- 1997 Christ church Art Exhibit, Media, PA
- 1995 The Media arts Festival, Media, PA
- 1994 The Creative People Art Show, Philadelphia Art Alliance, Philadelphia, PA